THE EMSCOTE SCHOOLWe believe that it is vital that all young people who attend our school experience success, and are supported to move forward positively. We have a 'no barriers' approach to education to ensure all students are encouraged to set goals and work hard to achieve them.
Our purpose is to provide the Educational and Development support young people need to achieve their potential.
We will enable and equip young people who are experiencing difficulties at mainstream school to stay in education. This will be achieved by consulting with Schools, other professionals, parents/carers and most importantly with young people themselves.
Where an alternative to school is required for an interim period, we will provide support and we will work to stop young people being further excluded from school. We provide intervention for those who require additional support. This is delivered in small groups to enable students to achieve their goals.
Our priorities are to ensure our school provides a safe and secure environment that promotes young people’s sense of self worth.
Our school mission is to provide an excellent education for all students who are unable to access mainstream education. At the heart of this education are the values of Care, Hard Work, Respect, Integrity and working Together to improve their chances in the wider community.
Our school is dedicated in providing opportunities for our young people to develop the knowledge, skills and beliefs which will enable them to flourish in adult life. With small class sizes we can work closely to encourage and empower them to make improvements to their education and self-esteem.
Every one of our students is an individual with unique talents and abilities. We aim to nurture the ambitions of every young person so that they may not only realise their academic potential but also respond with confidence and resilience to the challenges that life in the 21st century will provide.
- Provide a secure and stimulating environment that is conducive to all students having the opportunity to reach their full potential
- Have regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every child brings to school. To use this as a foundation for improving standards
- Value the achievements of all students, both in and out of school and provide opportunities to develop self-confidence and a positive self image
- Provide a supportive culture in which all staff are encouraged to extend, develop and share their expertise;
- Ensure that issues of equal opportunities are considered in all our work
- Provide a curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, progressive and appropriately differentiated
- Offer all students equal access to the curriculum and school life in the community where individual differences are appreciated, celebrated, understood and accepted
- Encourage students to become good citizens, by developing caring attitudes and respect towards themselves, other children, adults, their school and their community
- Encourage each individual to take responsibility for his/her behaviour and to act as a good role model to others
What people say about us
I have seen my daughter develop from a moody teenager into a young woman who is keen to succeed and be independent.
The small class sizes really help, my son gets the attention he needs - he seems so much happier.
Why wasn't this around for me? It feels like someone understands what she's going through.
The staff quickly became my family because they listened. I was able to talk to them and be sure they would help me when I had an issue, even if that was from outside school.
Working at PaYP gives me a chance to support students who otherwise might fall the cracks of mainstream education. Working here gives me the best type of challenge.
The Emscote School
Nelsons Lane Industrial Estate
© The Emscote School